Friday, July 30, 2010

Say Hello to the Coopers!

If there are any readers out there who aren't my family, then I want to treat them to my experience of Skyping with my family. Mostly, I'd like to share some of my father's jokes with you. "Joke" is a liberal term, used here to describe a "humourous" comment that elicits so-called "pity laughs" from the audience. 

My parents frequently joke about Marion's phone, the Droid. My dad likes to make that sound from the commercial. Anyway, so he says:
"If you go to Stonehenge, say hi to Marion's droid for me." 
and Marion goes: 
"That's 'druid,' honey." 
HA. They're funny. 

Later, my sister tried to show me a picture on her phone through the video camera, and I tell her it's not going to work. 
I said, "You guys already look dusty." (I was trying to describe their not-quite-pixelated but...well, dusty appearance.) 
and my dad goes, 
"Oh, Helena [the cleaning lady] didn't clean the webcam!" 
HA. Once again. What a riot. 

Then, they told me how they went to go see Salt. My dad goes, 
"It was good, but pepper wasn't in it." 
HA. That was funny in itself. 
But then, Marion accuses, "You've been holding that one in!" 
and he goes,
"I was waiting for a transatlantic audience." 
HA. 

There were tonnes (haha) of other jokes, but I didn't want to look too suspicious writing them all down. 
I had a nice (long, at 40 minutes) chat with all four of them (parental units, sister unit, and grandma unit!) and it was VERY enjoyable. 
However, the Coopers seem to be holding up well without me...so maybe I can stay in England forever? 

1 comment:

  1. HA. It seems you've inherited a bit of that Cooper humor.

    ReplyDelete